Wednesday 18 March 2020

Thoughts on: Star Trek The Next Generation Season 1

  • I will always enjoy the fact that men's fashion on Angel One is a tiddy-out look. ("Angel One")
  • Q is immensely annoying. I can see why people like him though.
  • Wil Wheaton looks like he just wandered onto the set during a school tour and got roped in.
  • I am not happy that they killed off Tasha Yar ("Skin of Evil"). One of the best characters ST has had and they couldn't keep her for at least one whole season? (Though I do stand by Ms Crosby's decision. You shouldn't be made miserable doing something you love.)
  • It's very different to TOS, but that's a good thing; if it was exactly the same it would be an uncomfortable viewing experience as it would be like they were trying to directly replace the characters.
  • I may have missed out on a bit by not watching the movies, but it is still easy to get into as it doesn't rely on you having seen them, or even any ST at all.
  • I much prefer the Klingon's new look; anything is better than blackface.
  • The Romulans got lumpy?! ("The Neutral Zone")
  • You never realise just how annoying and selfish capitalists are until you see one in a setting where society has outgrown Capitalism. ("The Neutral Zone")
  • Does Deanna Troi really have to wear something so revealing all the time? I mean, I'm not complaining - she's very attractive - but seriously!
  • I do like the callback to TOS S1E4 ("The Naked Time") in episode two ("The Naked Now"), and how they kept it tense by making it different enough that the original cure didn't work.
  • I will always find anything to do with mind-controlling parasites terrifying. ("Conspiracy")

No comments:

Post a Comment