Sunday 17 March 2013

Audio Disasters

   So, my sister and I went out last night with the meet-up group I go to every month for dinner and karaoke. While the food was excellent, if expensive, the karaoke... wasn't.
   You see, it is very difficult to sing in tune when not even the music is in the right key. No, that isn't a lame excuse for my lack of talent; my sister, who has had singing lessons, agrees with me. Plus, the other people around the table said I was very good, even though I was forced out of key by afore-mentioned un-music.
   Don't get me wrong, it was a fun night - most of the fun being from the food and the confusion at a Chinese restaurant using a Japanese invention as an attraction! So if you are in Geelong, Victoria any time soon, check out the Palace of the Orient. The food is well worth the price!
   The other reason I had so much trouble was that, to sing along to a song, I need the original song. When all I get is the music, I miss the cues and generally sound crap; whereas if it is the original song, I catch the cues and get the lyrics (mostly) right!
   Waiting for our Dad to pick us up was more fun than waiting in the rain is usually as well - we probably looked very strange indeed sitting there doing impressions of heavy metal versions of classical music! I ended up with quite a sore throat by the time Dad pulled up, and we were both laughing our heads off the whole time we were waiting! So all in all, a very good night out indeed!

1 comment:

  1. I've never been there, but I heard it's good. The food, I mean!! Karaoke in a Chinese restaurant is kind of odd, but it seems to bring in customers. You're braver than me, to get up there and sing.

    ReplyDelete