Monday 1 April 2013

Easter

   I'm not as chocoholicy (that is totally a word now) as I used to be. Once upon a time, at Easter, any chocolate I got would be gone within a week or two. Now... it lasts me over a month!
   Last year, one of my friends bought me a box of Favourites, and I was only half way through them in May! My siblings, on the other hand, are still in the 'chocolate-OMG-nom-nom-nom-gone' stage of life. (LOL) My brother attempted to give away the small box of mini-eggs he'd been sent by our (not-really) aunt because he'd 'already had enough of them'. Of course, if we'd accepted his offer of yet more mini-eggs, he'd want them back after they'd been eaten... *sigh*!
   Mum and I tried to go into a nearby shopping centre to get a few things on the Thursday before - an impossible task. We couldn't find anywhere to park because it seemed the entire population of the city had decided to do the same thing, and were buying like they were preparing for the apocalypse! We saw one woman literally tottering under the mountain of full carrier bags she was carrying out the building. Mum was like 'LOL nope!' and we went straight to the local bakers to get bread and milk.
   So, future warning - do not do all your shopping the day before!

No comments:

Post a Comment