Tuesday 12 March 2013

Anxiety and Other Afflictions

   So... I had a panic attack last night. Usually these happen for a reason, but not last night. Maybe it was because of something I dreamt, I dunno; all I know is that it ended up being a panic attack about having a panic attack! My heart was pounding so hard I could feel every pulse, I felt nauseous and I needed to sit on the loo for about half an hour - my body tends to go into what I like to call 'evacuation mode' where it tries to dispose of everything inside my digestive tract. Luckily, I don't let it! (Yes, I know that is gross. That's my life for you!)
   Anxiety tends to be a big deal for Aspies - we get extremely nervous when we might have to do something we really don't like doing. For example, I can't talk to people I don't know - I literally cannot find the words to say. It of course means that these people think I'm being rude and refusing to talk to them, but that is not the case. After I've got to know them a little, I'm fine - I can talk to them; it's just that initial meeting.
   Aspergers also tends not to be the only problem. One of my friends is not only Aspie, but has Epilepsy too (poor fellow). I suffer from Depression (well, my doctor says I do, and I believe that), and another friend suffers from really bad insomnia.
   We're all extremely lucky in that we have a supportive family, and a great group of friends who are understanding of us - when we can make friends at all! Mums: we may find it hard to say - if we say it at all - but we do love you!

2 comments:

  1. Love you too, beautiful girl - so proud of you for putting yourself online and telling it like it is xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should try kava supplements Sarah!

    ReplyDelete