Saturday 9 March 2013

Why Small Boys Disgust me...

   So my little brother, who is eight, has just done the most stupid thing yet. Earlier, during dinner, he complained that he was feeling sick. A little while later, however, he was apparently well enough to guzzle down a bowl of chocolate ice cream. Guess what Mum and Dad just had to clean up off of the toilet seat?
   Yup. Chocolate ice cream. Because my brother seemed to think that the cure for nausea is to eat more food.
   I do love him so much, but wow, is he so annoying! He cannot sit still or shut up for five minutes. I wonder, sometimes, how the hell he manages at school! Looking back now, I can't really believe that I really didn't want another brother or sister - I believed that everything was fine the way it was. But now... he makes us laugh so much. Just the other day, when he got home from school he stripped off down to his underpants, wrapped the scarf I knitted for him around himself like one of those things that Chewie wears, tucked his toy sword into his waistband and ran around the house brandishing his toy spear yelling his lungs out! (My brother is also an Aspie.)
   I get much entertainment purely from watching him play with our adorable little Labradoodle Daisy. They run around the house, dog chasing boy; they roll around on the floor wrestling for Daisy's sock toy - it is so adorable I barely get any homework done!
   So to all those with annoying siblings who they wish were never born, take a moment to think about what your life would be like without them. Dull, isn't it?

3 comments:

  1. haha siblings, can't live with them, can't live without them! keep it up Sarah! Your writing is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. and we don't get any less disgusting as we get older. Hopefully we remain adorable

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so good! I love your description of your little brother. I can see him playing with Daisy by your words.

    ReplyDelete